|Scheme of Grading||Annually|
Admission for M.A. Philosophy
Main Campus Room No. 17, Faculty of Arts Building,
Tel.: 27667725 Extn. 1281, 1282, 1283
South Delhi Campus Faculty of Arts Building,
Tel.: 24107772/ 24116938
It was resolved that students of Delhi University who have done B.A. (Hons.) in Philosophy shall be admitted directly if they have obtained 55% marks and above in aggregate. But candidates desirous of Hostel accommodation need to appear in the admission test if it held.
For all others the eligibility for applying for admission shall be 50% in aggregate in the Bachelor Degree (or qualifying examination) for open category candidates. In case of OBC candidates the eligibility criteria shall be 45% in aggregate in the qualifying Examination
However, the admission test shall be conducted if and only if the number of applicants exceeds the
number of seats allotted. In case there is no admission test then the merit list shall be drawn as per the following criteria. Also the same criteria shall apply for hostel admission as well.
- Category-I 55% and above in Philosophy (Hons.) from D.U.
- Category-II 60% and above in B.B. (Programme) with Philosophy from D.U.
- Category-III 60% and above in B.A. (Hons.) in Philosophy from any University.
- Category-IV 60% and above in B.A. (Hons.) or B.A. Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences in Delhi University.
- Category-V 60% and above in B.A. Programme with Philosophy from any other University.
- Category-VI All other not covered in Categories I-V